Progress Update 2019-05-26
It’s been a long time since the last update, but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been any progress! Since last time, RWE has learned lots of new things:
- How to display information about the currently hovered-over unit in the bottom bar, including resource production and consumption info
- That factories have a build queue and that you can queue up units to be built
- That factories have a yard map, that the yard that can be open or closed, and that sometimes parts of the yard can be driven over by other units
- How to activate and deactivate factories to start and stop building
- That units being built by a factory are attached to the factory at a specific point
The culmination of all these bits of progress is that, for the first time, it is possible to use factories to construct mobile units in RWE!
The next goal is to make metal extractors work. Once commanders are able to secure a reliable supply of metal, they will be well on their way to expanding across the map.
If you’ve been following progress in the #robot-war-engine channel on Discord, you’ll have seen a few new gifs showing off these new features. Here they are again, showing the bottom bar, build queues, factory activation and finally building.